SMITHERS CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH – FACILITY USE POLICIES
1. The first priority use of the facilities is for the ministries, programs and activities of Smithers Christian Reformed Church.
2. Second priority is given to requests that come from Smithers CRC members and then to non-profit organizations in our community.
3. Activities on Smithers CRC premises cannot conflict with the mission, purpose and core values of Smithers Christian Reformed Church.
4. Long-term rental is not available.
5. There will be no rentals on Sunday. The Nursery will not be available for rent.
6. We reserve the right to refuse any rentals or to cancel a rental agreement due to unexpected events.
7. No consumption of alcohol is permitted on the premises other than wine for the purpose of a toast at an event in which case the renter is responsible to obtain any required permits.
8. Smoking is not permitted within the building. It is the responsibility of the renter to enforce this no smoking requirement.
9. No food or beverages are allowed in the sanctuary.
10. Food prepared and served in the Kitchen centres must be in accordance with our Food Safety Plan. Meals are not to be served in the Fellowship Hall.
11. The use of the church facility for a wedding will be permitted where the wedding adheres to the definition of marriage as being between a man and a woman. All officiating ministers or marriage commissioners must be a member of the Ministerial Association or approved by the Lead Pastor to be in agreement with the Creeds of the Smithers CRC.
12. All specialized equipment (e.g., sound systems, theatre lighting, video equipment) owned by Smithers CRC must be operated by the church’s qualified technician. The technician will be supplied at an agreed rate.
13. No equipment or property may be removed from the Church
14. The use of any decorating materials must have prior approval as to appropriateness and safety. Damage-free removable hooks and adhesives may be used. Tape, tacks, nail or traditional hooks are prohibited.
15. The use of confetti or throwing rice is prohibited on Church property.
16. The use of open flame (candles) is prohibited.
17. After the event the booking party shall return the furniture to its normal arrangement as directed by the rental facilitator. The renter will be responsible for keeping the rooms clean & tidy.
18. All events must conclude and the facility must be securely locked by 10 pm.
19. A damage deposit will be required.
20. Costs of repairs, extraordinary cleaning or replacements to correct damages to premises and equipment resulting from use by the booking party will first be paid from the damage deposit with any additional costs charged directly to the booking party.
21. The booking party shall, at their own expense, obtain and maintain in force during the event, public liability insurance with respect to its use of Smithers CRC facilities and property and provide us with a copy of such policy showing Smithers CRC as an additional insured (single event insurance may be obtained from any reputable insurance agent.)
22. The renter agrees that Smithers CRC shall not be liable for any bodily injury to or death of, or damage to any property belonging to, the or its employees, invitees, or guests or any other person in, on, or about Smithers CRC, or for any interruption in the event carried on in Smithers Christian Reformed Church.
23. The Renter shall indemnify and hold harmless Smithers Christian Reformed Church and any of its officers, employees, servant, agents, contractors, and volunteers from any and all loss, liability, claims or expenses arising out of the use and/or occupation of the property belonging to Smithers CRC by the rental group and any of it officers, employees, servants, agents, contractors, and volunteers, notwithstanding that the negligence or other conduct or omission of Smithers CRC and any of its officers, employees, servants, agents, contractors, or volunteers may have caused or contributed to such matter. This indemnity shall survive the expiry of termination of this Agreement.
24. An organization applying for the use of the Church facilities will be required to specify the official name of the group in the advertisements of meetings to be held at the Church.
25. All booking requests must be approved by the facility rental team. Please allow up to 10 working days for approval.